When Should You Put in New Electrical Wiring in a Residence?
A whole-home rewiring can appear to be a big project to tackle. You want to be positive that it’s a service your house will benefit from. Thankfully there are many reasons to call a quality electrician like one from Advanced Air Home Services.
We advise replacing wiring in residences that are more than 30 years old, particularly if you’re regularly overloading breakers or have stained electrical outlets.
5 Benefits of Installing New Wiring in Your Home
Here are a few other pluses of electrical rewiring for your residence:
- Extra outlets. Old houses don’t have a lot of outlets, which means you could be using lots of extension cords. When used improperly, these cords may lead to a fire hazard. Rewiring your house gives you a chance to add much-needed outlets.
- Higher capacity. Older homes often have a smaller electrical capacity, which decreases how many devices you can use.
- Protects your house. Outdated wiring may be risky as it could spark a fire. An experienced electrician like one at Advanced Air Home Services will take rigorous precautions to ensure a rewiring project is finished safely.
- Increases the value of your house. If your home needs modern wiring, it could be hard to find a buyer. A rewiring project could be what helps you to successfully button up a sale.
- Connects new additions or renovations. If you’re undergoing major construction on your house, the difference in wiring between old and new sections might cause trouble. Adding a new space is a great chance to rewire your complete house to make your electrical system the same from one end to the other.
A whole-home rewiring project is a great solution if your home is more than 30 years old, you’re looking to sell it or are completing major renovations. It also adds an invaluable layer of security. If you’re ready to begin your project, give Advanced Air Home Services a call at 386-427-1665 to request a free estimate today!