SHOULD I REPAIR OR REPLACE MY FURNACE?
You don’t have to be an HVAC pro to understand when getting a new furnace is better than repairing your old one. There are lots of signs to watch for and recognizing any of them quickly could spare you from a severe breakdown. It will also make the transition to a replacement furnace much easier. Be on the lookout for any of the following:
- Your furnace’s age. Even with proper maintenance, most home furnace systems don’t last longer than 20 years. So just in case, it’s a smart idea to think about replacing your furnace once it passes the 15-year mark.
- The frequency and cost of repairs. With good maintenance, you shouldn’t need furnace repair too often. As your furnace ages, you may notice you’re scheduling service calls more frequently. We suggest replacing your furnace when repairs are more than half the cost of a new system.
- You’re installing a new air conditioner. If you’re replacing your air conditioner, installing a new furnace can further increase its efficiency.
WHAT SHOULD I PRIORITIZE IN A NEW FURNACE?
The number of options may feel a little intimidating at first. But we’re more than happy to help you figure out what type of furnace best suits your needs and budget. Speak with one of our technicians for any details you need. In the meantime, take a moment to review a couple of important differences between furnace models.
- Type of furnace. Depending on the model, furnaces can use a different fuel source to produce heat. There are electric furnaces, which are popular in warmer climates. Gas furnaces are another popular option, and energy-efficient to operate. Finally, oil furnaces are a possible alternative when natural gas isn’t readily available. Our pros will help you determine what’s right for your home.
- Right features and options. We’ll help you choose the furnace that’s the correct size for your home. Beyond that, there are many additional features for you to choose from, including variable-speed heating and smart thermostat compatibility.
Always look for a reputable company like Advanced Air Home Services for fast, dependable installation. We can help make any step of the process streamlined and easy to understand. You’ll spend less time worrying about figuring out the right choice. And with our financing and routine maintenance offers, you’ll enjoy that peace of mind for years to come.