Smart Home FAQs
What is a Smart Home?
- A smart home is a house that is built with technology that can be used over the home’s internet connection. In a smart home, your regular appliances can be controlled using a smart phone, tablet, or a desktop.
How can a smart home reduce my energy usage?
- With a smart home, you’ll have increased control over the critical energy users in your home. Commonly, with typical smart homes, there are features that give you the ability to see the energy consumption by the month, week, and day. As a result, you will be able to change the way you spend money on energy in your home.
When is the best time to install home automation?
- The best time to have home automation installed is while building a new home or remodeling an existing home. If you want an extensive technological renovation of your home, it would be the best decision to do it when the house is under construction because there will be a lot of wiring necessary.
- With simpler home automation solutions, rewiring won’t be required. In these cases, the devices you buy will be compatible with your existing home wiring. Deciding on this option means you can always add on in the future if you desire more for your home automation.
What are some benefits of home automation?
5 benefits of home automation.
1. Control – Controlling your home’s settings, even when you’re not home, feels fantastic and helps give you piece of mind.
2. Safety – There are quite a few home automation devices that run parallel with home security devices. Some devices have cameras and/or audio capturing features that will send you notifications remotely from the smart device.
3. Convenience – The primary reason for home automation is to make user’s lives more convenient. There are many ways that devices in the category can do just that. One example is, if you decide to turn the A/C down a few degrees while you’re out of the house. You can do this while you’re away, instead of thinking about it.
4. Comfort – Some people want home automation for no other reason than they can do what they want in the comfort of your home. Want to change
the your home’s lighting? You can do that without going room to room by diming the lights right from your phone. That’s one feature that can help.
5. Peace of mind – Peace of mind is necessary, and that is a great benefit of having a smart home. Parents can feel safer when their children are playing in another room thanks to the cameras and other technologies that come with having home automation systems.
Do I have to make my whole house smart?
- No, it’s not necessary to make your whole home a smart home. Some people only need a few things in their home, while others might want to get all they can! It really depends on what will make you more comfortable.
Can I update an older home with smart home technology?
- Yes, it’s still possible for you to get the devices to have a smart home. The majority of the devices only require access to your wi-fi. As long as you have that, then you should be fine!