4 ROOT CAUSES OF HEAT PUMP REPAIR
Once you’ve recognized that there’s a problem, the next step is to narrow down potential causes. Unfortunately, there are lots of different reasons why your heat pump is not working properly. At Advanced Air Home Services, our pros specialize in finding the culprit of the problem quickly to save you time and money.
Here are a few likely reasons why your heat pump isn’t working properly.
- There’s an issue with the thermostat. Your thermostat is a crucial piece of any HVAC system, directing your heat pump to adjust your home to the set temperature. If it’s not working correctly, your heat pump won’t either. Don’t forget to make sure that the thermostat settings are correct before you assume there’s a problem.
- An important component has broken or failed. There are a few moving parts in your heat pump. If one of them breaks down or fails, your heat pump will often struggle to run normally or even at all. Routine heat pump maintenance can help prevent this.
- Lack of proper maintenance. To keep your heat pump in the best possible condition, you should have maintenance performed twice a year. During this service, we’ll inspect, lubricate and clean crucial components. A smoothly running heat pump could result in lower energy bills and can even boost your heat pump’s overall life span. We offer a Complete Comfort Club that ensures you’re on top of routine maintenance. You’ll receive annual tune-ups for your heating and cooling, plus priority service, exclusive repair discounts and more.
- Your air filter is clogged. Like any other HVAC system, your heat pump needs an air filter to prevent dust and other pollutants from entering your home’s air. If you don’t change the filter frequently, it can become clogged. Your heat pump will have to work much harder to provide the same amount of heating or cooling, which can increase your energy bill.
- Your heat pump is getting old. Heat pumps can survive up to 20 years with proper maintenance. But the older they get, the more prone they are to needing repairs. If yours is getting old, it may time to consider getting a new one.
PLUS up to $1200 in rebates on qualifying Lennox A/C & Heating Systems
*Call For Details & Schedule Your Free Estimate!
Offers expire 12/02/2022
Cannot be combined with any other offers or comfort club member discounts. Must mention coupon when scheduling and present at time of service; repairs not included. Additional terms and conditions may apply, call for details. Valid from Oct 1, 2022 - Dec 2, 2022