Air Conditioning FAQs
Do you have a quick question about your AC system operation? Chances are someone has had the same question. Review our frequently asked questions for air conditioners here below.
How often should I change my air filters?
- Our team at Advanced Air Home Services recommends you change out air filters every 30-90 days depending on how many people and pets may be in the home. However, in high-use seasons (Summer) we recommend checking and changing air filters even more often.
Should I get my air ducts cleaned?
- Allergies and asthma effect more than 41 million Americans. If you’re part of this group we suggest that you get an appointment to have your air ducts cleaned. This can be good for your health, your overall breathing, and will also allow you to have a more efficient air conditioning system.
What size heating/cooling system do I need?
- A system that’s too large may make your home uncomfortable, and in some cases, it can cause moisture issues. On the other side, having a system that is too small for your home will not be efficient enough to fill your home. A technical analysis of your home’s building envelope is needed to determine the proper size air conditioning system. To determine the proper size system for your home call Advanced Air Home Services now to schedule a free in-home estimate.
What's the best temperature to set my thermostat?
- We believe the answer to this question really depends on the time of the year it is and your specific comfort levels. But we have suggestions for the cool and hot seasons. In the winter the average temperature setting is 78°-80°, in summer 70°-72° is the common setting. Remember, when leaving your home for work or several hours don’t try to apply very drastic temperature changes. Do not set your temperature back something more than 5° since this will cause common systems to work harder to achieve the desired temperature setting.
How often should I get maintenance done for my HVAC system?
- You should have maintenance done on your air conditioning system twice annually. This not only ensures maximum efficiency, it gives us the ability to potentially catch possible problems that may occur in the near future. Our Comfort Club Agreement plan is specifically designed to help keep your air conditioning system running at its peak efficiency the entire year.
Remember, if you still have questions feel free to contact us at (386) 260-2330!