SHOULD I REPAIR OR REPLACE MY AIR CONDITIONER?
Your air conditioner will provide you with signals when it has to be replaced. If you’re able to recognize these indicators promptly, you can potentially stay away from unneeded repairs. And you’ll also have more time to plan for installing your new AC.
- How old is your central air conditioning? Air conditioners can function 20 years with appropriate maintenance or could fail in as little as five years. With regular maintenance, new AC systems could continue to run for decades. If your residence’s air conditioner is more than 10 years old, it probably is time to inquire about a free estimate to replace it.
- How regularly does your AC need repairs? Much like a car, a regularly maintained air conditioning system is unlikely to stop working, given that it has the watchful service it needs to work reliably. Yet if you’re often reaching out to us for air conditioning repair considering you’re dealing with cooling problems or noise, we suggest speaking with our AC representatives about replacement. Headaches like warm air, strange noises, weak airflow and leaks are a source for distress. You can count on Advanced Air Home Services to deliver reliable air conditioning replacement boosted by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
- When is replacement a preferred option than repair? These rules can help you determine when replacement makes more sense than spending money on repair.
- Your central air conditioning is not covered by a warranty or more than eight years old.
- Your air conditioner uses R-22 refrigerant, which is no longer being produced.
- Your air conditioning has not been serviced within the last three years.
- You’re dedicated to erasing airborne pollutants.
- You’ve required repairs more than once this past 12-month period.
- Your AC repair bill is near or more than $400.
- Your electric bills normally surpass $300.
- January or August electric costs exceed $400.
- Household members have allergies or other respiratory concerns.
- Your home consists of infants, senior citizens or multiple pets.
- Certain spaces of your home feel much hotter or colder than others.
- You have rooms in your residence that feel humid, damp, excessively musty, dry or dusty.
- You want Wi-Fi, remote or room-to-room temperature control.
- You’re concerned about a more sustainable or green home.
- You own expensive musical equipment, furniture, collectibles or electronics in your house.
- You’re getting ready for room additions or remodeling, or this work has just been completed.
WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR IN A NEW AIR CONDITIONER?
These guidelines will help you make an excellent choice and maximize your new central air conditioning.
- Give thought to a cost-saving, variable-speed air conditioner. New air conditioners are graded by seasonal energy efficiency ratio, or SEER rating. The greater the number, the better it is at converting energy into cooling. Variable-speed air conditioners are like having a cruise-control option, where the system modifies your comfort continuously, instead of only being 100% on or off.
- Research the aspects you want most. Today’s air conditioners come with special features like ultra-quiet operation, air pollution/virus purification or Wi-Fi and smart home compatibility. We can help you choose the features that will work best for your home and air quality concerns.
- Search for a respected firm to replace your AC. You don’t want to have the local handyman install your new central air conditioning. Have a licensed and insured air conditioning professional install your central air conditioning and include the best warranty and guarantees available. At Advanced Air Home Services, we provide a 10-year warranty on nearly all air conditioning systems, and back our reliable air conditioner installation with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*